Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Weather and It Exists!

News and Weather

Culture shock is starting to make its way into my line of work and a way I cope with any kind of homesickness is reading American news (via the BBC News app of all things). It doesn't take long to get over the homesickness. One glimpse of Donald Trump's face and I'm good and extremely happy to be in England for the rest of the day.

And if that doesn't work, there's something that I go by, which is the fact that reading the news might be depressing now, but it makes Steven Colbert funny later.


The most American thing I can show is my favorite talk show host smoking bacon.

But along with the news comes the weather. Here in Plymouth, I think it's rained at least three times a day for the past week and a half and it's a cold, windy rain. Although, I think it's fine. I've never had much trouble with the rain. and despite it being cold, I know that the forecast at home is much colder.




It Exists!

There are several sweets found in the U.K. that has shown up in American television, causing us to think that they are just mythical things thought of by the movie or show. Knowing that these things exist makes the dreams of the average sweet-tooth American nerd come true. 

Sherbet Lemons




Jelly Babies




I was so happy over these things and the people working in the sweet shop were giving me weird looks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment