Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Souvenirs (and the most boring blog ever)

I think when someone spends a significant amount of time abroad, they're expected to bring back a lot of souvenirs. For me, all I really wanted was a little Union stick flag.

It took me f**king ages to find one. I was starting to think that I was going to have to wait until the break and go looking for one in London, which would've been stressful because London is huge and my German parents who are always in a hurry are going to be there. It would be a miracle to find time to go looking.

But it didn't really cross my thick skull that there would be trinket shops that were not in the city center. There were several lovely little gift shops near the Mayflower steps that were just full of things Union related. It was crazy. You could get an umbrella that looks like this:

Those were sold in two different shops.

I was tempted to get little tin red telephone booths filled with tea bags, but decided against it. Though, I did get what I was after and more. I went home with three stick flags instead of one.

Union Flag:


Flag of England:


And a Devon county flag:





I get excited over the little things.

1 comment: